IP Supported Conference 2017 - History of Early Analytic Philosophy | Second call for proposals. Deadline 30th November 2016
The call for proposals for the IP Supported Conference 2017 has been reopend with a new deadline of 30th November 2016
History of Early Analytic Philosophy
Proposals are sought from UK philosophy departments (not including University of London) to organise a one or two day philosophy conference on a topic related to the History of Early Analytic Philosophy.
The conference will be financially supported by the Institute, who will also provide the venue.
Proposals – of no more than three pages – should contain:
- a clear rationale for the theme or topic chosen;
- a list of possible speakers;
- a draft budget, including likely accommodation needs;
- an indication of whether any other sources of funding will be sought;
- preferred date or date range
The Institute will work in partnership with the lead conference organiser of the successful bid to help facilitate, advertise and run the event. Funding will be provided to cover expenditure on the following items:
- speaker travel for second class rail or economy air fare (US fares not included);
- refreshments on the day and lunch for the speakers;
- overnight accommodation for speakers where necessary;
- a conference dinner for speakers and chairs.
Proposals should be sent to IP@sas.ac.uk by Wednesday 30th November 2016 stating "Annual Conference Call 2016-17" in the subject of the email. These will be assessed by the Management Committee and a decision will be announced by January 2017.
The level of funding for the successful bid will be set by the Institute of Philosophy following consultations between the conference organiser, the Director of the Institute and the Management Committee and should not exceed £2,500.